While working on a recent project I had a brief discussion on the implementation of logical deletes. This prompted me to define for once and for all how ETL should handle these occurences. This is, of course, assuming that some CDC mechanism provides the required details or you have the capacity to compare full sets of data to derive the logical deletes yourself. For this purpose I drafted a Design Pattern which should explain this...
Site visitors since October 2015
Search this site
Data Modelling Zone !
Please check out the new global Data Modelling Zone (DMZ) website at http://dm.zone/.
This is always a great event and I look forward to seeing you at the upcoming one in DMZ Europe 2017 (October 23-25 in Dusseldorf) or at DMZ Australia 2018 (March 5-6 in Canberra).
If you register, please use the discount code VOS.
About this site
- Embrace your Persistent Staging Area for Eventual Consistency
- Biml Express 2017 tests, comments and work-arounds
- Updated sample and metadata models for Data Vault generation and virtualisation
- Using a Natural Business Key – the end of hash keys?
- When a full history of changes is too much: implementing abstraction for Point-In-Time (PIT) and Dimension tables