After the successful creation of a history layer, it is time to focus on the core parts of the datawarehouse: the Data Vault. In this example a ‘raw’ Data Vault is created: no changes or transformations are done here. The first script in this layer creates the Hubs and the corresponding Satellite. Currently this is done based on the history layer, which is probably not the best approach. It would be better to have the...
Site visitors since October 2015
3NF architecture BIML Business data vault data modeling Data Vault Data Vault 2.0 Data Warehouse Driving Key DV2.0 EAI Enterprise architecture Error Bitmap Error handling ESB ETL ETL Automation ETL Framework ETL Generation hash key Hub Informatica inmon Kimball Link Link Satellite Logical Delete Metadata OWB PIT Powercenter PSA Ravos Referential Integrity Satellite SCD2 SQL Server SSIS Staging Area Staging Layer Time variance Training Virtual EDW Virtualisation XML
- Using (and moving to) raw data types for hash keys on
- Virtualising your Data Vault – regular and driving key Link Satellites on
- Schools of thought on implementing Multi-Active Satellites on
- Driving Keys and relationship history, one or more tables? on
- Data Vault versus the persistent Staging Area on