This posting is about the most complex object that humankind can come up with; an Enterprise. At least that is what John Zachman states at his one day seminar about Enterprise Architecture (physics 101 – Monday 23rd of August 2010 – Sydney). The first rule for the way of working is defined right at the start: when doing anything with an enterprise or start designing anything for an enterprise; make sure you understand the enterprise...
Site visitors since October 2015
Search this site
Data Modelling Zone !
Please check out the new global Data Modelling Zone (DMZ) website at http://dm.zone/.
This is always a great event and I look forward to seeing you at the upcoming one in DMZ Europe 2017 (October 23-25 in Dusseldorf) or at DMZ Australia 2018 (March 5-6 in Canberra).
If you register, please use the discount code VOS.
About this site
- Embrace your Persistent Staging Area for Eventual Consistency
- Biml Express 2017 tests, comments and work-arounds
- Updated sample and metadata models for Data Vault generation and virtualisation
- Using a Natural Business Key – the end of hash keys?
- When a full history of changes is too much: implementing abstraction for Point-In-Time (PIT) and Dimension tables