It has been very quiet on the weblog / idea repository since November. This was partly due to the summer holiday period (in Australia) and the fact that I’ve finally picked up the work to develop the ETL generation tool based on the described EDW architecture. Work wise I’ve recently done a lot of strategy work with very little practical exposure to the technologies, and this is likely to continue for some time to come....
Site visitors since October 2015
Search this site
Data Modelling Zone !
Please check out the new global Data Modelling Zone (DMZ) website at http://dm.zone/.
This is always a great event and I look forward to seeing you at the upcoming one in DMZ Europe 2017 (October 23-25 in Dusseldorf) or at DMZ Australia 2018 (March 5-6 in Canberra).
If you register, please use the discount code VOS.
About this site
- Embrace your Persistent Staging Area for Eventual Consistency
- Biml Express 2017 tests, comments and work-arounds
- Updated sample and metadata models for Data Vault generation and virtualisation
- Using a Natural Business Key – the end of hash keys?
- When a full history of changes is too much: implementing abstraction for Point-In-Time (PIT) and Dimension tables