Every project I have worked on there is an abundance in abbreviations used for almost anything, from project names (codes) to mappings, (source) systems, workflows, team member names and database attributes. Even worse, the meaning of these abbreviations is lost or vague and in some cases even wrong (because the ‘real’ abbreviation is already taken)! Every time I feel it makes it so much harder for new team members to grasp the meaning of the system and/or...
Site visitors since October 2015
3NF architecture BIML Business data vault data modeling Data Vault Data Vault 2.0 Data Warehouse Driving Key DV2.0 EAI Enterprise architecture Error Bitmap Error handling ESB ETL ETL Automation ETL Framework ETL Generation hash key Hub Informatica inmon Kimball Link Link Satellite Logical Delete Metadata OWB PIT Powercenter PSA Ravos Referential Integrity Satellite SCD2 SQL Server SSIS Staging Area Staging Layer Time variance Training Virtual EDW Virtualisation XML
- Using (and moving to) raw data types for hash keys on
- Virtualising your Data Vault – regular and driving key Link Satellites on
- Schools of thought on implementing Multi-Active Satellites on
- Driving Keys and relationship history, one or more tables? on
- Data Vault versus the persistent Staging Area on